Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fayette, MO

     On my way to Fayette, MO, I stopped in Council Bluffs, IA at Camping World and bought another bicycle.  I was not happy with the new one I had bought after the second bike was stolen.  Yeah, locks can be useful objects.  I was able to exchange it and now have the fourth bike in 3 months.
     At Fayette I met up with the other 4 team members.  We went out to supper in a nearby town that was on my Santa Fe Trail trip.  When I had visited two years ago I wasn't able to eat in the still existing inn.  That's where we had supper.  So excited to have had that opportunity.  There is no dinner menu.  Everyone gets the same- delicious fried chicken, biscuits & gravy, mashed potatoes, several veggies, salad, rolls.  Very good.  I recommend the Houston Tavern in Arrow Rock, MO.  
     Our work for this project was to paint interior walls in apartments for married students at the Central Methodist University.  It was very hot and humid (no AC) and we were exhausted at the end of the day.  
     I stayed there for two weeks and headed to Independence, MO for a family reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment