Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oh my, I need to catch up - 2

Nebraska
      After the family history tour, I traveled for three days to Nebraska.  One evening I stopped in the Flying J truckstop in Davenport, IA.  I was able to have dinner that night with a young man from my church in PA.  It was a very pleasant time to learn about his new job with John Deere.
      From there I made it to the church camp outside Omaha, NE, at which I had volunteered in the spring.  My daughter came on Amtrak to meet me there.  We enjoyed the camp's several activities.  We tried the nine acre corn maze several times, once in the dark.  We jumped on the jumping pillow and even.......did the zipline.  Yep,  I was terrified, but I did it and lived to tell about it.
     We then met my brother in Omaha for a chance to visit and then be closer to Amtrak for the 5:00am departure.   What another great time!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment