Friday, May 3, 2013

Kansas City

     I came here to help my brother move from the western side of KC to the eastern.  Most of the work was done before I arrived, but I was able to help complete the move.  I also had the opportunity to visit with members of his family, which is always what I like most.  I did enjoy being treated to many meals, too.  I stayed at a pretty little campground right in Independence, MO.  The picture is the Community of Christ Temple (LDS) that is right behind my RV.
View photo.JPG in slide show     While rain postponed some of the work, I had the chance to do some personal errands.  I got an iPhone.  I've been told more than once that now I'm a big girl.  I've had the 'gas cap' and 'check engine' light come on regularly since I've gotten this rig.  I finally went to a Ford truck repair and they were able to find the problem and take care of it.  It took a lot of work and time, but it was under warranty.  It only cost time for me.  I also found out that the 'radio' media center that I've been less than happy with is going to be replaced.  Maybe that'll be the end of the glitches.
     Since it took a couple of days for the RV to be fixed, and a storm was forcasted, I stayed a few days longer.  Unfortunately my Sunseeker exprienced it's first snow.  ugh.   Hopefully the winter is over and warm weather will prevail.
     On to the next adventure of volunteering at a church camp north of Omaha, NE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment