Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Camp Fontanelle, Fontanelle, Nebraska

     After my stay in the Kansas City area, I headed to just north of Omaha, NE.  Camp Fontanelle is another beautiful camp with lots to offer the campers and community.  During the summer they have the usual youth camps, with additional activities of laser tag, jumping pillow, zip line and petting farm.  In the fall, as a fundraiser, they have a 10 acre corn maze (one acre is for laser tag) and a 3 pumpkin patch.  Fun!!
     While I was there I cleaned cabins, scraped paint, and ran the wood chipper.  The very nice RV area was 1/4 mile from the camp entrance.  I got a lot of walking done.   Using my new iphone with a downloaded pedometer app, I was able to log 10,000 steps each day.
     Now I am at Lewis and Clark State Park.  The campsites are terrific.  I am right on the shore of Blue Lake.  The birds in the picture are American Coots. (seriously)   From here, I am going to visit a friend in SD and then onto Minot, ND to be a part of the  NOMADS disaster rebuild.

No comments:

Post a Comment