Friday, February 11, 2011

Yuma, AZ

I spent over a week here in Yuma. I was able to see some friends and enjoy some of the shopping and markets here. The area supplies much of the nation's lettuce, citrus, dates, and nuts. Its been interesting seeing the harvests going on.
I also was able to take advantage of dental and optical opportunities in Mexico. I had heard from several people about the excellent work that is done, so I came here to find that most of the snowbirds come here for just those reasons. So, I got some inexpensive, good work done. Of course, there's also lots of shopping to be done there too.
Now I will be headed to Dinuba, CA (near Fresno) for a two week project with Gleanings.org.
I will be able to have a brief visit with some family members along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment