Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Towerpoint Mesa, AZ


Well, unfortunately my time at the RV resort came to an end. I was in such denial about it that I stayed an extra day. I also made reservations for next winter.
While I was there I attended several exercise classes everyday and a variety of activities. These included medium and high intensity water aerobics (in the two heated outdoor pools), core muscle exercise, easy cardio & hand weights, line dancing, and Zumba. I played bocci ball, pickle ball, and Texas hold 'em.
I attended stain glass class and made a stain glass bird. The best class, though, involved lots of hours. It was lapidary and silver smithing. I cut, ground, and polished my own stone, then set it in a hand-made silver setting. cool.
There were so many more activities offered that it was hard to decide. Not to mention the weekly parties and happy hour.
I ran into my childhood neighbor. That was crazy. It was a good visit with him and with my brother and sister-in-law, who came for a couple days. Lots of laughs.
Now I am headed to Yuma, AZ. I will visit with former NOMADS team members. After that I am headed to Fresno, CA area to do a non-NOMADS project.

No comments:

Post a Comment