Monday, February 1, 2010

Moss Point, Mississippi



     I spent a couple weeks relaxing.  Now I am back to work.  Most of the team arrived on Saturday and some are on their way, having been stuck in the midwest stormy weather.  It's been warm here, but then rain and now a little cooler.  The water table is just below the grass, I think, so when it rains it pools easily.  The Jambo was in a couple of inches and I thought we should have boat races.  
     I saw my first armadillo while I was riding my bike.  It was dead along the highway.  I guess that's the way you usually see them. 
     The team is parked at Caswell Springs UMC.  This friendly, welcoming church is very active, and I have enjoyed being included in some of their activities.  
     Again we are helping to rebuild homes.  And again I am laying laminate floor.  Now I know how actors feel when they seem to be type-cast.  :)   Actually, being the youngest on the team,  :) I'm the one that can get up and down all the time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment