Saturday, January 16, 2010

Second week at Galveston



     I have now been a full-time RVer for six months.  
     Over the weekend I did some sightseeing in Galveston with other NOMADS.  We toured the Elissa, a tall sailing ship.  We also visited the Bishop's Palace, which is one of the original mansions in Galveston.   It had been built as the private home of one of the Graham family.  It withstood the hurricane of 1900 and Ike in 2008.  Beautiful.
     This week I was considered the 'expert' laminate floor layer and continued to do that all week.  It was slow going, but it came out nicely, even with me doing the sawing...vvvrrrrr.
     The NOMADS team increased to 21 people this week.  So we worked in 3 houses.  A team of Mennonites were also there working.  A lot of people and equipment to work around.  
     I was able to drive the Jambo out of the mud and head down the highway, leaving Galveston, driving through Baton Rouge, going to Moss Point, Mississippi.  There are several beautiful bridges along the way.  I will have some free time there before working on rebuilding homes damaged in Katrina.  (People are still not in their homes from that hurricane.)
     Oh... the last picture is of the mansion, not of the house in which I was working.  :)
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment