Saturday, August 22, 2009

Madison, WI

     This past week, Aug 15-21,  I was able to spend  time with Janelle and Erik.  It was good to get to see them.   We went to tour Cave of the Mounds.  It was an hour-long guided walk through a cavern.  It was just south of the city.  We also went to the Mustard Museum, a shop with mustards from all over.  It is in a town stated to have more trolls than Norway.  (I could say something here, but I'll leave it to your imagination.)
We also went to a farmer's market near the capitol, viewed Lake Monona from The Terrace, and SHOPPED.  Not only did we shop at the usual Target,  Kohls (the founder is from Madison), Walmart, Dollar Tree, etc.  I spent a lot of time and money at Menards (like Home Depot), Camping World, and Gander Mountain.  Yep, the priorities have changed.....but I did manage to buy one pair of shoes.
     I left Madison and drove on a very nice secondary highway for almost 4 hours, crossing the Mississippi, and on to Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  Here, the NOMADS are helping to rebuild homes from last year's floods. I got settled in, met the others, and will be going out to dinner shortly.  My kind of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment