Monday, June 8, 2015

Sisters, OR

   I had a very good visit with my sisters, then headed to Sisters.  Here I worked one week at Suttle Lake UMC Camp.  Here I cleaned, hauled brush, cut limbs into wood cookies (used for name tags), and put together two end tables.
    The camp is on National Forest land and is beside the small Suttle Lake.  There is a 3 1/2 mile walking trail around the lake maintained by the Forest service.  I was able to do that and enjoy the mountain views.

     On the way to Sisters, I visited Crater Lake National Park.  It was foggy the day I was there, so I wasn't able to see the vivid blue water.  It was still a beautiful sight as the fog blew away and the landscape was more visible.
     I stayed at Collier State Park for two nights, which is near Crater Lake.  It has a beautiful campground and a very large logging museum.  I spent a couple hours there (between bouts or rain) looking at all the machinery and buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment