Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lake Huron Retreat Center

     The two weeks I spent in Indiana were good.  Great campground, got a lot of my unfinished projects finished.  The interesting thing about being there was that it is right on the time zone line.  My phone would change time zones morning and night.  I kept my clocks set to separate times so I would know what time it actually was.  One person said that the phone would change just walking from one room to the next at her house.  crazy.  confusing.
     It was time to get back to work and I headed to Fort Gratiot Twp, Michigan.  Our nine member team has nowbeen working here for two weeks.  One more week to go.  We are demolishing most of a cabin and rebuilding it.  It is right on the elbow of a river entering Lake Huron.  The Center would not be able to get permits to completely demolish and build a new cabin at this site.  So the foundation, floor, and one wall were left.  This coming week we will be putting on the roof.  Well...others will, I will hand them what they need.
     The facility is quite modern and has beach front property.  It's been a beautiful place in which to work, but the work has been one of  the hardest in which I've been involved in 5 years.
     Yes,  I have been a full-time RVer for 5 years this month.  What a blessing it's been to be able to travel, see friends and family (saw a neice and her children while here), make new friends, and do some good work along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment