Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy Independence Day!!

Hope everyone has a great holiday.
I am currently at a campground in Indiana, having a little R&R.  I have been busy traveling since I left Moore.  I spent a few days in Independence, MO visiting my brother.  Then I headed to Madison, WI to visit my daughter.  We had a good time shopping and sightseeing at the House on the Rock.

I flew from there to NYC to see the older daughter.  She is in a cute new apartment.  We spent time walking, shopping, and dining in her new neighborhood.  Very nice area including a park that is along the East River.  You can see the Statue of Liberty and Freedom Tower in the distance.  We went to Coney Island.  I had never been there before.

When I flew back to Madison, I was picked up by a friend I'd met in AZ.  She lives nearby in a beautiful log home beside a lake.  I spent a couple days with her and went back to Madison and spent a little more time with visiting with daughter.  When I go to Madison I stay at a little county park and the RV stayed there while I was out and about.

I then left for this campground.  So far I have escaped any damage from severe storms.  My phone went off with a tornado warning one night in Madison.  Though, a tornado touched down a couple miles away,  the campground had no problems.  There were high winds with a storm the other night.  I did spend time in the storm shelter, a.k.a. bathroom, but nothing happend.

I will next be heading to the Port Huron, MI area for another NOMADS project.



No comments:

Post a Comment