Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gallant, AL

After Tennessee, I drove for a day and arrived at Camp Sumatanga in Gallant, Alabama.  It is by far the most beautiful camp I've been at.  The buildings and the grounds are amazing.  Unfortunately, I've been unable to upload a picture.  I'll try again later.
This camp is 1700 acres with a 55 acre lake.  There is a paved walking trail around the lake.  There is a mountain trail to the chapel, haven't gone up that yet.  There are 35 buildings that can house 900 people.  There's the original camp area and a new retreat area with hotel style rooms.  The RV park is very nice.

I have been painting bathrooms, covering graffiti and helping in the kitchen.  There have been various groups in for retreats, meetings, conferences the whole time I've been here (so I get to have meals with them).

When I leave here I will take a week to drive to the OKC area.  Along the way I will be doing some sightseeing and visiting with some other NOMADS friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment