Tuesday, May 27, 2014

AL - OK

The project at Camp Sumatanga went very well.  They treated me like part of the family and told me to come back home soon.
I then had a week to travel to the Oklahoma City area.  Each day I only traveled a couple hours.  I spent one afternoon at Graceland.  I was going right by it, might as well, right?  It was a nice tour and walk through the various museums.
I was able to meet up with NOMADS friends who were having an extended stay at Toad Suck Park (yep, that's right) in Arkansas.
I then made it to the OKC area and spent two days with other NOMADS friends at their home.  They took me around the city and we toured the National Memorial and Museum remembering the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building.  We were invited to have lunch at the home of yet another NOMADS couple.
I arrived, finally, in Moore, Ok.  NOMADS have been here for a couple of months helping to rebuild homes from last year's tornados.  There are 9 people on my team and I will be here for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment