Thursday, April 12, 2012

Roadside Assistance and The Four Corners


As I headed to Colorado I had the opportunity to use Good Sam Club Roadside Assistance. It was a windy day- I shouldn't have travelled. A gust of wind pushed me off the road, blessedly nothing serious happened. Then I noticed that the slide-topper (a small awning like cover that protects the slide-out when it's in use) was flapping in the wind. Not only was it causing me to have more difficulty driving, but if it ripped off I was afraid it would cause an accident. The slide is 20 feet long. I was able to pull off the road at an old motel and call for emergency assistance. It took a couple of hours (I was far north of Flagstaff), but the good-looking :) young man was able to roll the topper back up. It had not ripped apart, just unrolled. Then I was on my way again.
I stopped at the Four Corners monument and did a little shopping- I can find something to buy anywhere. Love that Indian jewelry. I made it to Montrose, CO and had a nice Easter. I have not had a problem with the slide-topper. Now I'm headed to Moab, UT.

No comments:

Post a Comment