Sunday, April 22, 2012

Christmas Box House Moab, UT

 

  I am volunteering at this children's home.  It was founded by one of my favorite authors, Richard Paul Evans, who wrote The Christmas Box and many others.  This place is a Family Support Center.  It offers emergency shelter for at- risk children, day care, and works with state family services.  Another worthy cause.  I have been doing deep cleaning, washing windows, sanitizing toys, and getting to those things that the staff can never find time to do.
     This project is one that I wanted to do, not part of NOMADS.  So I am staying at a campground.  It happens to be in town and less than a mile from the Christmas Box House.  So I am able to ride my bicycle to and from 'work.'  The grocery store is on the way and downtown is just a couple blocks away. The weather has been glorious, so riding a bike or walking around has not been a problem.  Praises.
     Moab is very small, but full of people visiting the Canyonlands.  Lots of mountain bikers, jeeps, atvs, etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment