Saturday, October 29, 2011

Globe, Az - Arizona Reservation Ministries (ARM)



I've completed my first week here. The weather has been gorgeous, in the upper 70's every day (sorry). I've helped with a variety tasks- sorted donated clothing for distribution, cleaned the "Church Bus," hauled and loaded items onto the bus, and other assorted office jobs.

Every day a group of us head to a neighborhood on the San Carlos Apache Reservation on the Church bus. We drive through the neighborhood, pick up children, park at a playground, do a Bible lesson, have a craft, snack, and games, then take the children home. This is an after school activity and we go to a different neighborhood each day. In a week's time over 200 children come on the bus.

This past Thursday ARM was invited to bring the bus and do activities at an annual Halloween -alternative party in San Carlos. For three hours we gave out popcorn (my job), played several games and talked to the people. Fun. That's why I had a costume. I don't always look like that...really.




No comments:

Post a Comment