Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My Mistake

The post before this one is dated today.  I had written in July, thought I posted it, but just realized I hadn't.

      I had ended that post with going to a family reunion in KY.  It was a delightful time.  So good to get together with everyone.  We surely missed the ones who couldn't be there.  Thanks to Larry and Becca for hosting.
     After leaving Berea, KY, I headed to Ravenna, KY to Aldersgate UMC camp.  I had been there several years ago.  I stayed just over a week this time.  It was the end of their camping season and I spent the time deep cleaning a couple cabins, especially the kitchens.
     I headed to Nashville airport after that and flew to NYC.    It was great to be able to visit there.
     Upon my return, I drove to Arkansas.  During that travel time, I was able to have brief visits with friends.  I headed to Mount Eagle UMC Retreat Center.  I spent my week there power washing and sealing the decks around a couple cabins.  What a beautiful setting.  So glad to be there.
     Then I was headed to San Antonio, TX.  I had never been there and was excited about the work and to see the city.  I worked at a UMC educational facility for challenged adults.  They have a deaf program.  I was able to chat with some of the students, interpret chapel, and do some touch-up painting in a couple buildings.  On the weekend I was able to go to the Alamo and enjoy the Riverwalk.
     I left that area and headed to AZ.  It was a week later that Hurricane Harvey went through the area I had traveled across.
     I am now settled in AZ again.  I have some short trips planned, some NOMADS projects planned, and some plans to visit with friends.  I continue to enjoy being in AZ even though the month of September was quite hot.
     Until next time.  Happy Trails
   
   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment