Sunday, September 1, 2013

NOMADS annual meeting

     I traveled last Wednesday and Thursday to Illinois.  Along the way, I stopped in Elkhart, IN to visit one of my former students (she had lived with us for 6 months when she was 5 yrs old).  It was good to see her, even though it was brief.    
     I arrived in Pecatonica, IL on Thursday.  Our meeting is a week long time of socializing, business, and seminars.  Of course, there's lots of eating out and pot-lucks planned.  This is the 25th anniversary of  NOMADS so there are special ceremonies planned.  There are about 120 RVs here, about 350 people (some are staying in local motels).  This year I have decided to be a part of the talent show.  I will sign a song using white gloves and black light.  I am also teaching an hour-long seminar on sign language.
     After this I will be going to WI to visit and plan out more of my travels.  Gotta go. More story-swapping and jokes to share.    

No comments:

Post a Comment