Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rapid City, SD






I made it to Rapid City. Travel days were good, but while I was there they had snow storms. ugh. Rapid City has lots to do and see. Each corner in the downtown historic district has a bronze statue of a president. There's also a lot to do in the near-by areas.
I was able to volunteer during a couple of good weather days at Storm Mountain Center Church Camp (yes, storm). It is a beautiful camp with excellent cabins, lodges, and dining facilities. It is nestled in a valley with a couple of 100 year-old buildings and the original gold mine. Yes...gold mine. It doesn't get any better than that. I went panning, but was not successful in that endeavor.

While I was in this beautiful city in the Black Hills (where I did find gold in a shop), I changed my residency. I took the plunge. Many full-time RVers become residents of Florida, Texas, or South Dakota for several financial reasons. So I did it! You will soon be getting my new address. I've added my freckled mug to the state that has license plates saying 'Great Faces, Great Places'

No comments:

Post a Comment