Monday, November 1, 2010

On the Road in Texas


Just thought I would share a couple of things learned along the way.

A team member told me that a good way to clean the RV's tanks was to use a gallon of vinegar for every gallon of tank capacity. So, there I was in Muskogee, OK filling my Walmart cart with 15 gallons of vinegar. I managed to push it to the far side of the parking lot where I park the RV, (the half mile walk to and from the store is good). I then had to put the gallons in the RV, and pour it down the tanks. With that completed, the idea is to drive around, letting the vinegar slosh around doing it's thing. I found that it also makes the RV smell like a pickling factory while the empty bottles roll around as the RV maneuvers the curves, hills, and sudden stops.
Arriving at a campground for the night, I had to find the dumpster to deposit the 15 empty bottles and empty the tanks. Wheww, glad that's done. Hope it worked.

Another fun thing was driving through an area called Bugscuffle, TX. I love that name!!. I wonder (I have lots of time to ponder things) if that area was to grow to be more than just a crossroad, and was big enough to have a high school, what would the football team be called......hmmm. Like I said, lots of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment