Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer Travels

   Time to go. After moving stuff into the park model, I had to move stuff into the RV.  
The first week of my trip was spent visiting national parks with a friend.  We went to cliff dwellings in Walnut Canyon, pueblo ruins in Wupatki National Monument, Cameron trading post, Horseshoe Bend in Page, Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam, Bryce National Park, Zion National Park, and St. George.  The senior pass that I got last year had a work out this year.  All those places were free!  
      From St. George, I left to go on to NOMADS projects.  I headed to South Dakota, first meeting family in Grand Junction, CO for dinner.  Then in SD I visited the site of the Wounded Knee Massacre.  In Rapid City, I renewed my driver's license.  (My permanent address is still here.)  I also picked up my mail in person.  I visited Deadwood and supported their economy.    
     Then it was on to Storm Mountain UMC camp just south of Rapid City.  I will spend a week here. I then will go to Camp Fontanelle in Nebraska for a week.  I have been to both of these places before.  
I will be part of a team for three weeks at a girls' home in Tahlequah, OK.  After that the NOMADS have an annual meeting in Branson.  When that concludes,  I will head back to AZ and volunteer at the Arizona Reservation Ministries.   

No comments:

Post a Comment