Friday, July 22, 2016

June

     I spent the rest of April moving into the park model (see previous blog).  I enjoyed May living in it and traveling in the RV for a week to other parts of the state.  I had never stayed so late in the year in AZ.  It was getting hot.
     I still had a storage unit in PA and decided that I needed to clean that out, now that I had a place.  So June 1 I flew to Buffalo and rented a car.  I spent a week in Ohio visiting family and friends.  I went from there to Pittsburgh for a former student's graduation from the school for the deaf.  After that I went back to the Duke Center area.  I stayed with friends and visited others.  I worked in the storage unit, sorting stuff.  I had an auctioneer come and take away all the stuff I thought I would use once I settled.  (I had saved some stuff thinking I would need it in a place, didn't know the place would come with everything.)  Then I loaded the car and drove to Harrisburg to visit family.  My sister-in-law and I drove to NYC to take the load of stuff to daughter number 1.  While there, she surprised us with tickets to Swan Lake at the Metropolitan Opera House.
    Back to Harrisburg and Duke Center.  I finished sorting more stuff in the storage unit, returned the rental car, and picked up a Budget truck. With the help of friends, I got the truck loaded with the rest of the stuff and I was on my way.
     I visited daughter number 2 and got rid of some more of the stuff.  We had a nice visit and I was on the road again.  It took me three days, two nights to get to AZ.  I only locked the keys in the truck once.  sheesh.
     I spent a couple weeks moving that stuff into the park model.  Then it was time to get on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment